Tuesday 9 August 2016

Believe

I remember when they told me “You are good for nothing” I remember how those words hurt, and how deep they cut into the nerves of my heart. But looking at myself today I have realized that actually, I am good for something.
Today, I look at my mistakes and I am so glad I made them; so glad that I took that risk when every light around me were showing red. If I am glad at my mistakes, you could imagine how gloriously happy I would be when I look at my success. My mistakes were my biggest lessons, and I paid careful attention to them each time they happen, I don’t sit and grumble or regret taking those steps, because I might probably not have learned what I now know if I didn’t make those mistakes.

A lot of persons are bound to not believe in you, that’s no problem, such is life. But the biggest and irreversible mistake you would make in life is to believe those people that don’t believe in you. That’s the point where your fuel finishes and you are in the middle of a desert and there is no pump station even in the next town. Try not to get yourself into that position.
They don’t believe in you, to hell with their beliefs, believe in God, and believe in yourself and what you can do. That’s the only belief you need to make it in this sphere.
Look, they are not seeing how you can possibly do it doesn't mean you cannot achieve it; they just can't see it. No opinion should ever put you down for more than an hour. Learn to channel every form of comment into success.
I have learned not to expect much from the people around me, even when they dwell in abundance, and expecting nothing from them has fueled in me the zeal to achieve something. Don’t wait for people to congratulate or console you. Damn it! Even when they don’t, congratulate or console yourself and continue, because it isn’t over yet. See their boos as cheers and continue to strive, having in mind that those that gossiped your failure in online group chats and in class would blog about your success one day. Their gossip blog would carry your good news someday, and in that news they shall find ways to add that they once knew you, even though the information won’t be necessary.
I am not there yet, but I will be, and for all those who believe in themselves and never let side talks withhold them, we shall get there.
Don’t forget side talks are like sidewalks, used by those who have no cars. If they are discussing you in their side talks it means they are on the sidewalks and you are on the main lane. At a point, you would have to pause for them to cross to the other sidewalk, while you continue your journey, sometimes even they may ask for lift.
Chill! Get a glass of Chardonnay, drink to your success, if not now, one day.
#AugustusBill


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...